NOW HIRING – SUMMER DAY CAMP
For the past 50 years, BGC Sarnia-Lambton has been providing services in the downtown core area of Sarnia to children and youth by offering programs, during the critical ‘out-of-school’ hours, that build self-esteem and foster strong social and life skills. This year marks 50 years of operation.
We are, currently, accepting applications for Summer Day Camp Counsellors. This program provides an invaluable opportunity to acquire hands on experience for anyone looking toward a career working with youth.
Job Title: Summer Camp Counsellor Rate of Pay: $15.00 per hour
Start date: May 31, 2021 (part time hours until July 02, 2021),
July 05 – Sept.02, 2021, 35 hours per week,
*please note program may be offered in person, virtually or as a hybrid depending on government COVID protocols
• Implement a creative and varied program of age-appropriate activities
• Actively participate in all scheduled camp activities.
• Provide supervision and guidance to clients
• Ensure the safety of the activities and campers at all times.
• Monitor the arrival and departure of clients
• Keep accurate and ongoing daily attendance of assigned group.
• Keep program areas clean and ensure that needed supplies are on hand.
• Assist with setting up and taking down of equipment for all activities and be responsible for the security and neat storage of all
equipment and supplies.
• Recognize and respond appropriately to potential problems in the group or individual discipline problems.
• Provide written program and client evaluations.
• Attend and participate in employee orientation, training and all scheduled staff meetings.
• Maintain a positive relationship with campers, parents and other staff at all times.
• Any additional tasks and/or duties as deemed necessary
This a very active position; candidates should be prepared for lifting, moving (chairs/tables etc.), cleaning and lots of walking and physical activity
Currently enrolled in post-secondary education in a related study and returning to school in September.
• experience working with children
• energetic and self-starter
• excellent people skills and a friendly, responsible, service-oriented attitude
• strong communication and teamwork abilities
• able to problem solve effectively
The following would be considered an asset but will be provided for the right candidate
• Current First Aid/CPR certification
• High Five Principals of Healthy Child Development
All potential candidates for employment with the BGCSL are required to undergo a “Vulnerable Sector Check”
All interested candidates are asked to submit their resumes to Lisa Lanouette email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.