Are you interested in working with Children and Youth?
Do you have a teachable skill?
Interested in Fundraising? Board membership? Administrative opportunities?
Our volunteer opportunities allow you to use your expertise and knowledge, while giving back to the community.
As a volunteer in our Club you will:
- Interact with clients as they participate in various activities.
- Lead and supervise program activities ranging from fitness activities, cooking, arts etc.
- Enhance your skills, add to your resume, and most importantly, have fun
How to Apply
Applicants must be at least 14 years old to volunteer.
- Download and fill out this Volunteer Application form. Return to the Club by mail or in person to – 180 College Ave N, Sarnia ON N7T 7X2 (lower level, Forsythe St entrance) or by Email – email@example.com
- Attend an interview
- Reference Check – All references listed on the application will be contacted. You can also include letters of reference if you have them. You can provide references, for example, from employers, teachers, coaches, co- workers, friends, neighbours, etc. Family members can not be used as a reference.
- Applicants who are 18 years old or older will have to complete a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) relevant to their duties at the Club. The cost of the PVSC will be reimbursed to volunteers by the Club. This step can be done in person through your local police service
Once the above steps have been completed, you can begin volunteering according to the schedule you chose.
Placement opportunities are available for students who are currently involved in a high school, college or university programs that require a placement as part of their curriculum. The placement opportunities available at the Boys and Girls Club of Sarnia-Lambton focus mainly on program support but are dictated by the requirements of the placement and the needs of our organization. If you are interested in doing your student placement with Boys & Girls Club of Sarnia please contact Lisa Lanouette, Program Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIAL EVENT – (must be 18+)
Looking for volunteers to assist with special events; opportunities include:
- working on the planning committee
- ticket sales and promotion
- leading games and activity stations
- assisting with set-up and clean-up.
For more information please contact Committee Chair, Vi Burr – email@example.com
Assist children and/or youth with homework one afternoon/evening per week Monday to Friday, September to June.
SCHOOL YEAR PROGRAM ASSISTANTS
Be actively involved with programs and assist our staff in providing an engaging and safe environment for our clients. Monday to Thurs from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. throughout the school year September to June. On PD Days we offer a children’s program in the afternoon instead of evening programs
SUMMER PROGRAMS ASSISTANTS
Due to Covid -19 we will not be accepting volunteer applications for summer 2020. Check back with us in Fall!
Volunteers work independently around the facility doing light cleaning duties such dusting, snow shoveling, lawn maintenance, and they also assist with event set-up and tear down. Opportunities are available throughout the year between 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. Flexible shifts are available.
Various administration tasks such as organizing files, preparing mail outs, and data inputting are available. Volunteers would need to be available for 2-3 hour shifts weekly for a minimum of 6 months. Most shifts are during the week on Monday and Friday between 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. throughout the year.
The Boys and Girls Club of Sarnia-Lambton is looking for vibrant engaged individuals to serve on our Board of Directors. As a member of the board, you are expected to participate in monthly board meetings, typically the second Thursday of each month and with duration of approximately 1 hour. You will review all relevant materials prior to each board meeting, as well as contribute to informed decision making regarding future initiatives for the organization. Interested candidates should submit a resume and a letter of interest to Diane MacLeod, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will require a criminal record check The Boys and Girls Club of Sarnia-Lambton celebrates diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment for all employees and volunteers.